The Progressive College Network is newly formed organisation to meet the demand for an alternate representative body for the private college community in Ireland. The objectives of the organisation are:
- To promote Ireland as a high quality education destination for both EU and Non EU/EEA students
- To promote the pursuit of continual improvement standards by colleges in the network
- To ensure the protection of students and their fees by the inclusion of a comprehensive insurance policy covering every programme delivered by member colleges for the benefit of the students themselves
- In conjunction with the insurance policy to harmonise the operational systems of member colleges with a view to improvements in the delivery of educational programmes and the transition of students between colleges if necessary.
- To protect the interests of its membership at representative level and to give a clear and collective voice in all debates concerning the sector in Ireland and abroad.
- To supply reliable and objective information for the benefit of students and the international market on all issues concerning the private education sector in Ireland.
The founding members of the organisation include the following colleges: